Ive never seen the point in giving a wholefood, calorie restricted diet of chicken and broccoli to a person that’s only every seen greens in a colouring set.
Lets face it, we could all be a little healthier, some more than others but lets just take it one step at a time. The health industry is growing at an alarming rate and along with it comes the confusion of just what YOU need to do to get a foot onto the band wagon.
You’ve seen all the different diets, and heard the things you SHOULD do, but more often than not, those things are out of reach, daunting and let’s face it, your just not ready yet.
There are some basic things that we can probably all improve on, on a bad day, like:
- Drink more water
- Reduce your added processed sugars
- Increase our nutrients through vegitables and fruits
- Take a course of live probiotics
- Get rid of gluten and processed foods
Lets start by putting ourselves in one of 3 categories:
- Starting out – You’ve known for a while now, you need to make a change, but your so stuck on where to start… Start here.
- Been at this a while – You’re a couple of years into your gym membership, you’ve cut a fair bit of the bad stuff out of the diet, maybe you’ve plateaued or you just want to take it to the next level.
- Seasoned Pro – Your mates call you a health nut.
- Make more meals at home rather than eating take out
- Drink water instead of soft drinks, flavoured milks, energy drinks
- Stop eating breads and pastas and go for unprocessed alternatives
- Be prepared
- Don’t go grocery shopping hungry and take list with you
- Start to notice how your digestion feels after eating certain foods
- Ask for help
Been at this a while
- Add more veggies to more meals
- Replace some meals with green smoothies
- Replace breads and other grains totally
- Drink more water
- Reduce Alcohol
- Cut out cigarettes
- Increase your exercise
- Prepare meals for lunch from leftover dinner
- Limit caffeine
- Go Organic, if not in everything, the most important foods (Ill touch on this in another blog)
- Drink filtered water
- Stay off antibiotics
- Re-Colonise your gut with a good live probiotic course
- Up your exercise or mix it up
- Stretch and mobilize
- Change to chemical free household products