It started with crossfit, then paleo, then acai became the rage, keto, Blood type diets, a bikini competition, lemon detoxing and intermittent fasting… Confused!?
You and every other person… now hand me my pre-made fast food meal and put the rest of it in the ‘too hard basket’ right.
Well, it doesn’t have to be that way. Youve heard of holistic… now what does it mean? The long and the short of it is… its about BALANCE.
What works for you may not work for the next person.
Your lifestyle… its not the same as mine.
Your body… its different from other bodies.
So why should our diets be the same. They shouldn’t. There are great ways of breaking down the foods that work for us as individuals and those that don’t. Put simply. We need to start to listen to our bodies. One place we can all start is nutritious, unprocessed foods.
If you can cut out the processed food that your eating and start eating real and whole foods, it becomes a lot easier to understand why your not feeling 100% or losing the weight that you want to.
Eating processed foods WILL directly relate to how we look feel and immediate symptoms can be any of the following:
Sharp pains in stomach
Diarrhea or constipation
These are just some of the issues you may have experienced. Keeping to a bad or inappropriate diet, these symptoms may just turn out to be the tip of the iceberg.
One important thing to mention is that, what might be a great diet for one person could be doing another person injustice. For this reason I say, its time we all start listening to what our bodies are telling us.
Here are a few ways you can start:
- Notice how you feel after you wake up in the morning… are you tired, sluggish, bloated, still full in the stomach? Remember what you ate the night before, this will have a direct link.
- Notice how you feel after you spend time with certain people, notice the conversations you have – do you feel uplifted? If so, these are your people! If not, perhaps distancing yourself from the negativity is what you need to do.
- Organise your food so you always have a plan – whatever it is, don’t just wing it, it’s a surefire way to bad health and a week that’s all over the place.
- Drink loads of water, morning, during the day, before meals and before bed! notice the difference it makes in every aspect of your life!
- Steer your social media away from negativity, unfollow anyone that doesn’t align with the path you want to be one.
- Listen to your gut! studies show that the link between our gut and our brain is very real!
- Find exercise that you love and do that! Step out of your comfort zone and join a class or a club, they will help keep you accountable! Remember that confidence is a skill – not a personality trait, so the more you practice, the better the skill!